Christmas lights can be great for adding ambiance to your home, but you need some good clips and hooks to keep them securely in place to get the most out of them.
With so many different clips on the market, it can be challenging to know which ones are the best Christmas light clips, so we’ve taken the time to research and present you with our top 5 picks.
Here’s a quick rundown of what we found when researching these products.
5 Best Christmas Light Clips
[amazon bestseller=”Christmas Light Clips” items=”5″ template=”table”]
Command Clear Mini Light Clips
[amazon box=”B076ZRRFD4″ template=”horizontal”]
3M Command Clear Decorating Clips are an easy and damage-free way to hang indoor lights and decorations. The clips are made of solid and versatile plastic and can be used on various smooth surfaces, including painted walls, ceilings, finished wood, glass, tile, and metal.
They come in a clear color that blends in with most surfaces and are easy to remove, leaving no holes, marks, or sticky residue. The package includes 40 clips and 48 small strips, enough to decorate 2 feet of lights.
- Easy to use
- No tools required
- Strong and versatile
- Removes cleanly
Command Outdoor Light Clips
[amazon box=”B076ZM1799″ template=”horizontal”]
Are you looking for a convenient way to hang your outdoor holiday lights? Command Outdoor Light Clips can be a perfect option for you. These clips are easy to use and help keep your surfaces looking beautiful.
For installation, no tools are required; peel and stick! Command outdoor light clips hold strongly through rain, snow, sleet and heat, perfect for any weather conditions.
They are also water and UV-resistant. They remove cleanly, leaving no holes, marks or sticky residue. To decorate with confidence, knowing that your lights will stay in place all season long.
- Easy to use
- No holes or sticky residue
- Strong and versatile
- Removes cleanly
- It may not work on all surfaces
All-Purpose Holiday Light Clips
[amazon box=”B07Y2DWFHM” template=”horizontal”]
As someone who often decorates their house for the holidays, I was excited to try out these light clips! I was not disappointed – they were very easy to use and helped me achieve the perfect look for my holiday lights.
I particularly appreciated that I could use them with any type of light, including mini, icicle, and rope lights. They were also straightforward to install, and I didn’t have to worry about them coming loose or causing any damage to my gutters or shingles.
Overall, I was delighted with the Sewanta USA-made light clips and would recommend them to anyone looking for an effortless way to decorate their home for the holidays!
- Easily clip onto gutters or under shingles
- It can be used with a variety of string lights
- Neutral color ensures they don’t stand out
- Detachable for easy positioning
- Holds bulbs securely even in high winds
- It May not work well with very thick gutters or shingles
Holiday Joy – 200 Mighty Clip Lights
[amazon box=”B01K56U1OI” template=”horizontal”]
This product is great for people who want to put up Christmas lights without worrying about them falling. The light clips are easy to position and hold the wires securely. I like that the design is patented and that the brand is Holiday Joy. The lights are made in the USA and are of good quality.
- 200 light clips for a secure hold
- Exclusive patented design
- Holds wires for various types of lights
- Quick and easy to position
Meetory Christmas Light Clips
[amazon box=”B07KZV3X51″ template=”horizontal”]
Looking for an easy and reliable way to hang your outdoor Christmas lights? Meetory has you covered with their 100 pack of Christmas light clips! Made from durable PE plastic, these gutter hooks are weather resistant and built to last. They will blend in seamlessly with your home with a neutral white color.
And no installation tools are required – clip them onto your gutter or shingles and string your lights through the other loop. Whether decorating your home for the holidays or using them for other festivals, these gutter clips are a must-have!
- 100 pack provides enough for large projects
- Durable and weather-resistant
- Easy to install
- May be difficult to remove once installed
Things to Consider Before Buying Christmas Light Clips
Before you run out and buy any old hook, consider a few things. For starters, where will you be hanging your lights? In your gutters? On trees? In window boxes?
If it’s in your gutters or around tree branches, make sure you get a clip that has gutter guards or can be bent for a seamless fit. Also, think about how many lights you want to hang; some clips only hold one string of lights, while others can hold up to six strings at once.
And finally, think about how far apart you want your light strands spaced—if they’re too close together, they won’t look as nice, and if they’re too far apart, it might look like a lot of wasted space.
Types of lights clips
If you’re looking for the Christmas light clips for your holiday decorating, you might wonder what the professionals use. While various types and brands of light clips are available, some are better than others. Here are a few of the best Christmas light clips that professionals use:
1. All-in-one Christmas light clips: These clips are great because they can be used for various purposes. You can use them to clip lights onto gutters, shingles, or even trees. They’re super easy to use and will save you time and hassle.
2. Gutter clips: These clips are specifically designed to be used on gutters. They’re easy to install and will keep your lights securely in place.
3. Shingle clips: These clips are perfect for attaching lights to shingles. They’re easy to use and ensure that your lights stay put, no matter what the weather is like.
4. Tree clips: These clips are great for attaching lights to trees. They’re easy to use and keep your lights from falling off or tangling.
No matter what type of Christmas light clips you use, carefully follows the manufacturer’s instructions. This will help you avoid any accidents or damage to your lights. And, when in doubt, always err on the side of caution and seek professional help.
Tips for using clips on trees
1. Make sure that the area around the tree is clear of debris.
2. Choose the right size and type of clip for the tree.
3. Apply the clip to the tree trunk at the tree’s base.
4. Use enough clips to secure the tree firmly, but do not overdo it.
5. Check the clips regularly to ensure they are tight and secure.
6. Do not use clips on trees that are already stressed or unhealthy.
7. Be careful not to damage the tree bark when applying or removing clips.
8. Do not use clips on trees during periods of high winds.
9. Use only clips that are specifically designed for use on trees.
10. Follow all manufacturer’s instructions carefully when using clips on trees.
What Christmas light clips do professionals use?
Professionals use a few different types of Christmas light clips, depending on the type of lights being used. For mini lights, all-in-one clips placed anywhere along the string are popular.
These typically have a metal grip that holds the light in place and a prong that goes into the socket. Bulb clips are usually used for C7 and C9 lights, larger and have a slightly different socket.
These also have a metal grip and a prong, but the prong is slightly different to accommodate the different sockets.
How do you hang Christmas lights outside with clips?
Here are some instructions on how to hang Christmas lights using clips:
1. Use plastic or metal clips specifically designed for holding holiday lights in place. Do not use nails, tacks or staples, as these can damage the insulation on the wires and pose a fire hazard.
2. Affix the clips to the gutters, shingles or siding at evenly spaced intervals.
3. Hang the lights from the clips, being careful not to overload the circuit.
4. Once all the lights are in place, plug them into an outlet and turn them on.
How do you attach Christmas light clips to siding?
There are a few ways to attach Christmas lights to siding. You can use zip ties, command strips, or purchase light clips made specifically for siding.
What hooks to use for outdoor Christmas lights?
The most common hook for outdoor Christmas lights is a plastic hook with a pointed end. Other hooks that can be used include metal hooks, suction cups, and Command strips.
Whether they’re in a gutter guard or on your roof, these clips are handy and can make all of your holiday decorations look beautiful without any hassle.
Remember that if you’re planning on installing lights for an extended period, you may want to consult with a professional to make sure everything is done correctly.