Planting ornamental trees and take care of it could be a great choice for them, people who wish to make their leisure time more enjoyable. Choosing “Succulent” for planting might be a good choice from millions of options. Because, it is suitable for all places and easy to handle.
Most importantly succulents are easy to culture in indoor houseplants conditions. Many of us are tensed about the natural sunlight facilities where “Grow Light” comes with a lot of options to bring the sunshine in your indoor.
Lights, which attempt to produce a similar light spectrum like the sun is known as grow light. It helps to ensure the photosynthesis of indoor plants. It is very much helpful to keep the succulents alive during winter.
There are thousands of types of models are in the market which will fall you into a hesitation during selection. So we make a list of the best grow light for succulents which certainly help you a lot to select the best one.
- What Plants are Succulents?
- Test Winner Best Light for Succulents
- Top 3 Best Grow Light For Succulents Reviewed
- Different Types of Succulents
- Some Advices to Grow Succulents Under Grow Lights
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
What Plants are Succulents?
Succulents are green plants that consist of fleshy and thickened parts usually to retain water. There are different types of succulent trees are available where cacti can be a perfect example of it.
Succulents are kind of hardy plants that can survive in irregular weather conditions. Importantly it can survive in very dry/hot weather conditions as it can absorb and hold a high amount of water. But the problem is it can’t survive in excess water conditions and in freezing temperature conditions.
People also use t8 bulbs for growing plants or succulents.
Test Winner Best Light for Succulents
EZORKAS Tri Head Grow Lights
Why we choose it?
- Super bright LED grow light
- 180 degrees sensing angle
- 50,000hrs lifespan
- IP 65 Waterproof, Dustproof
- ETL certificated
- 12-month warranty
Top 3 Best Grow Light For Succulents Reviewed
In this section, you will get in-depth reviews of top 3 grow lights for succulents. Let’s jump into it.
1. EZORKAS Tri Head Timing 80 LED Dimmable Succulents Fluorescent Grow Lights
- Automatic timing function
- 3 different switch modes
- 9 dimmable modes
- 360 degrees adjustable
- Auto turn on and off timming function
- Red and blue led combination
- 9 dimmable modes
Starting the list with an 80W tri heads LED grow light from EZORKAS. This grow lamp made with 80 highly efficient growing LEDs. Fifty-two of them are red and twenty-eight are blue lights. It helps plants to grow without sunlight conditions. It possesses an adjustable brightness system so you can easily adjust the target brightness of these lights with the plants.
The automated timing function feature will help you to ensure the lighting in every 3 hours, 9 hours, or 12 hours interval. There are nine dimmable modes available in this grow light. That’s means, it has nine different levels of light intensity. EZORKAS ensures that, these succulents lights can provide high output.
This light has three spectrum modes (blue light, red light, both blue and red lights) to meet with different stages for growing succulents indoors perfectly. The energy efficiency features will help you to minimize energy costs.
The lamb grows light comes with a USB connector plug and AC adapter. So, it is easy to connect anywhere (home or office) you want. All heads of this light are adjustable. You can adjust them up to 360 degrees.
- Adjustable heads
- Durable build quality
- Multi-purpose useable
- Not too much bright
2. VOGEK LED Growing Fluorescent Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
- 10 brightness settings
- 3 switching modes
- Auto on/off features
- Grow light can be timed to 3, 6, 12 hours as the plant needs, bringing enough but suitable brightness to your...
- LED growing lamp can provide 10 brightness level. You also can choose one, two or three lamps on.
- Grow light has a strong desk clip, and 3 adjustable gooseneck between the clip and the lights which you can move...
If you are searching for the best grow lights for tomatoes, this VOGEK grow light is the best option for you. This product comes with a durable clip and three adjustable lamp heads. Whereas, this light has a rotatable gooseneck, so you can adjust those heads as you want.
There are four buttons on the clip; timing button, plus button, minus button, and three switch modes button. By timing button, you can set the time 3, 6, or 12 hours as the plants need. The plus and minus buttons will help you to adjust the brightness of 10% to 100%.
This 72W powered growing light is made of 132 LED beads. Each bulb can consume 24W. A cool thing about this light is, the bulbs are replaceable so, you can replace them easily instead of buying a new grow light.
VOGEK offers you a full spectrum from 380nm to 800nm so that succulents can absorb the lights they need. This model is flexible to use everywhere, such as the office, living room, bedroom, or private garden.
- Rotatable heads
- FCC, CE, and ROHS listed
- Great efficiency
- Not much durable
3. Ankace 40W Dual Head Timing 5 Dimmable Levels Plant Grow Lamp
- Upgraded timing setting
- 5 dimmable modes
- 3 switch modes
- 360 degrees adjustable
- Best Red/Blue Led Combination - This LED grow lights diverts targeted wavelengths for plants. The 12 Blue LED chips...
- Timer - It comes with three timer setting options which allows up to 3, 6, or 12 hours according to plant needs....
- 5 Dimmable modes & 3 Switch Modes - It has 5 dimmable modes to suit varied stages of plant growth. You can just...
Next up is this dual head succulent grow lamp from Ankace, which is adjustable both for home and office. This grow light is not only suitable for succulents but also all kinds of indoor plants. For example, foliage potted plants, and flowering plants.
Thirty-six LEDs blue and red lights combination help plants to grow without sunlight. To ensure optimum light energy supply for chlorophyll synthesis and germination, 12 blue LED chips are used and 24 red LEDs help to flower and enhance photosynthesis for the best results.
The upgraded timer setting option allows up to 3, 6, or 12 hours timing modes according to plant needs. This grows light has 5 different dimmable modes for different stages of plant growth.
It comes with a USB connector to connect everywhere wherever you want. An awesome thing about Ankace grows light is that, its gooseneck is 360 degrees adjustable.
- Adjustable gooseneck
- Comes with USB connector
- Multiple uses
Different Types of Succulents
There are many types of succulents are available. Here is a list of some popular succulents.
- Aloe ‘Black Beauty’
- Aloe ‘Christmas Carol’
- Aloe ‘Crosby’s Prolific’
- Aloe ‘Doran Black’
- Aloe brevifolia ‘Short-leaved Aloe’
Some Advices to Grow Succulents Under Grow Lights
- Maintain 1.7 to 3.4 feet distance between plants and lights.
- Don’t turn the light on all time, it will be harmful to your succulents. Always give some breaks to get the best result.
- Try not to let the plants sit in only one point of the light source.
- Keep your plants in light condition about 12-13 hours a day.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of grow light is best for succulents?
There are a lot of grow lights available for growing succulents. From all of them, fluorescent grow lights are the best for growing your succulents.
2. Do succulents need sun?
It depends on which succulents are you using. Some of them need sunlight for 4-5 hours and some don’t need at all.
3. How long should succulents be under a grow light?
Succulents should be kept 12 to 18 hours under a grow light.
4. Are succulents good in low light?
Yes, some species of succulents are good in low light. For example, Haworthia margaritifera, Kalanchoe blossfeldiana, Hoya obovata.
5. What wattage grow light for succulents?
For any succulents, 30 to 45 watts grow light is suitable.
In today’s world ensuring optimum light for indoor succulents is not a big challenge because of growing lights. It is a great supplementary alternative to sunlight.
But selecting the best light for succulents form such a flooded market is a great challenge. That is why we make a short list through analyzing the market’s best features.
So, think first, set your goal, and have a look at our selected options. Hope you are very near to get the perfect one which one you are looking for.
- The Best Smart Recessed Lighting: Alexa & Google Assistant - April 9, 2021
- SPIDER FARMER SF-7000 Review: A Commercial LED Grow Light - April 8, 2021
- How Many Recessed Lights Do You Need? - April 6, 2021