From decades, we have been looking a yellowish shade of glowing bulbs above our head. But, over time, these yellow bulbs are replaced by multicolored LEDs, which you consider as solar spot lights, fairy lights, solar flood lights, and string lights.
However, you might be a person who owns a house or just moved into a new apartment and thinking about how to make it more elegant. In that case, the idea of home decoration with lights will certainly pass off your mind. But, to some extent, professional home décor is quite expensive indeed.
If this is exactly your situation right now, then it’s time for flexing your fingers for some DIYs to adorn your house with some shiny lights.
There are various available ways you can decorate your house, and LED flood light or spot lights allow you to get an eye-pleasing atmosphere within an affordable range.
- Home Decoration with Lights | Top 7 Interesting Ideas
- Final Thoughts
Home Decoration with Lights | Top 7 Interesting Ideas
This light comes with many different features, which can soften your room ambiance or highlight a particular area.
However, there is a variety of options to décor your house using these lights. For example, you can create a color variation with lights to modify your home.
Let us see some of the arrangement methods that can give your house a complete festive look.
1. Cool Quotient in the Kitchen with LED Spotlight
Scandinavian kitchen theme is all about elegant and famous. Nowadays, it became a part of well-designed home decoration. It requires lots of material to get that extra-ordinary theme.
However, you can use some LED spotlights in a particular area of your kitchen. It can change tedious kitchen them into a stylish one.
- Firstly, choose a particular area where you want to set up spotlight such as above the cabinet or on the ceiling. Remember, placement is essential.
- It is better to use white tones as it can give the variation of warm and cold.
- Yellow lights are appropriate for the kitchen as it will create a warmth pace.
- Moreover, to begin with, if you have light holders around your kitchen cabinet or ceiling, then it is going to be very easy to set up.
- But, if not, then we suggest calling an electrician as you need light holder in different areas.
- So, install light-holders according to a particular theme, and add spotlights to get yourself a kitchen that you would love to work forever.
2. Line String Light with Curtain
If you are looking for a muted elegance at your dining room, then this simple lighting is enough.
Most of the times, curtains got hooked onto curtain rings or stands, so it is super easy to attach the strings. Besides, to get the possible best, opt for lights with a warm and mild tone.
- Fishing string or jump rings. These are available in any hardware shop at low cost.
- First of all, measure the length between each hoop of string light, according to your curtain.
- It is better to count down how many curtains rings you will have between each loop.
- Then, attach a fishing string on to the curtain rings by keeping enough space for string lights to thread through.
- Finally, you have to thread the string lights from the fishing thread.
- Besides, make sure that the length of your string lights and curtain are the same before it goes into another loop.
- Now you are done with lining your curtains with lights. It is time to switch on the lights and enjoy the newer version of your room.
3. Illuminate Large Area with Floodlight
If you are thinking about decorating your backyard or lighting up outdoors, then floodlights are the appropriate selection.
We use floodlights for lighting a large area, and it comes in different shapes. You can select various forms according to your décor. Besides, some of them have sensors that mean it will light up in your presence.
However, the benefit of a floodlight is it can illuminate your entire garden or lawn by one click.
Regardless, we suggest hiring professionals to install floodlights as there are many things related to electricity that you might not be aware of it. Therefore, an expert would come in handy in such situations.
However, it is still possible to install floodlights with easy DIY, but it is time-consuming as well as risky for unprofessional.
4. Create DIY Flower Lights
Do you love spring? If so, then give a tablespoon of time and a cup of creativity to bring the spring indoors.
But how could you make it if you have a tight budget? Fret not for that as there are so many interesting techniques, which can transform your boring lights into beautiful flowers.
- Cupcake wrapper
- You might have noticed an X shaped slit in the center of the cupcake wrapper. From there you will begin by inserting your lights through that slit.
- To add an extra pop of color to your lights, you can create a layer of cutouts and add single light bulb through both.
- LED lights are appropriate for designing because incandescent strings might generate adequate heat to catch the fire of your paper.
- However, this is an effortless way to adorn your room with beautiful flowery lights.
- By this process, you can make a lot of fancy strings. You can arrange those in your curtains, furniture as well as your bedside corner.
5. Illuminate Containers
On any special occasion, a beautiful lamp can undoubtedly make your house look more attractive. However, lanterns are quite expensive if you consider buying it from a lantern shop.
Therefore, now it is time that you should take out a beautiful clear container from your cabinet. It is one of the fuse-free solutions that you can add in your decoration list. Besides, you can display this creation in your house.
- Clear container or a wine bottle
- String lights, if possible rechargeable one
- Do not keep anything else except lights because on that temperature thing like paper, and paraffin can burn or melt.
- You can put the lights inside your jar and place it by your bedside table
- However, if you want to be a little bit more creative, then you can mix different patterned lights or put some shamrocks under the jar.
- It will give you various ranges of shade.
6. Make a Flameless Fire Pit
Fire Pits have a high impact on making your living room adorable. But it sounds risky if you make a fire pit in your house. Hence, again, we can use string lights to create a gorgeous flameless fire pit.
- String lights
- Wooden sticks
- White laces
- First of all, select a place in your living room where you want to set up your fire pit.
- To make your décor more fascinating, wrap those sticks with white laces. It is better to use glue to stick so that last long.
- It will cover the wooden peels as well as your lights will glow better.
- After that twine the lights all over the sticks.
- Then shape your fire pit with rocks however you want. You can choose either a square or a circle. These are simple and classy at the same time.
- Finally, put all the sticks around the rocks.
- There you go, enjoy a fire pit in your house without worrying about any further consequences.
7. An Angelic Paper Doily Wreath
A wreath has its specialty to improvise your wall. However, now you can make a wreath for yourself, and also modify it in your way. Hence, you can create a garland which can be a wall décor as well as a light of your hallway.
- White spray paint
- Strand of white lights
- To create a spring wreath, you can use floral wire. For a proper and robust round shape take at least three or four layers of wire and twist them collectively.
- Besides, tight all the loose ends, if needed use glue.
- Then, coat the combined wreath with white spray paint and let it dry
- When your coating is adequately dried, start wrapping string lights around the wreath.
- Further, do not forget to leave the plug ends unwrapped and as much as needed to the plugin.
- Then arrange paper doily in a way that your lights are balanced. Attach them with glue and wait till it dries.
- Try to keep the doily arrangement descending and make sure there is no hole remaining on the wreath.
- Hang it in your hallway.
- Plug it in a nearby socket and take a look of the adorable wreath. However, unplug it when not in use.
These are some ideas that you can consider making your house look more attractive.
Decorate your house with different lights like pendant lights etc is one of the best ideas one can think. People use different types of ornaments, flowers, or picture to decorate their house. But nothing gets completion as long as there is no light.
It can give a magical effect to your home. Even though it is the best way to decorate your poolside or home, but proper usage of it called an appropriate decorating approach.
So, selecting and arranging lights appropriately for decorating your house is not an easy task. Thus, there are few things you can put under consideration as it is inevitable that you do not want to make your favorite place look awkward.
Hence, be sure that you are not using spotlights to illuminate your backyard or floodlight to adorn your kitchen.
Therefore, you can utilize these ideas to make the best use of lights. However, rather than only using spotlights and floodlights, you can be a little creative and do some DIY projects with string lights.
It will eye catchy as well as reasonable somewhat. So, your bizarre things can be useful again.
Even though these DIY projects or installing light seems easy and exciting, still you should maintain safety measures to avoid any accidents. To be exact, working with electricity or sharp tools require extra precaution. For the best outcome, follow all the steps accordingly.
Finally, we think these innovative lighting ideas can be useful to you. Whenever you want to bring a new look at your home, you can pick any of the ideas and revamp your house.
- 6 Types of Indoor Lighting | Most Popular Lighting Fixtures - May 11, 2020
- 8 Best LED Recessed Lights – Updated for 2020 - April 20, 2020
- How Does Track Lighting Work | Things You need to Know - April 6, 2020