Living rooms are a vital part of any home. They’re a space where you can relax and unwind after a long day or gather with friends and family for some quality time.
That’s why it’s important to choose the best recessed lighting for living room. This blog post will discuss five of the best options available and help you decide which one is best for your needs!
- Best Recessed Lighting for Living Room
- What Is Recessed Lighting?
- Benefits Recessed Downlights In Living Room
- What Type of Recessed Lighting For Living Room (Best Type)
- Best Size Recessed Lighting For Living Room
- Top 5 Best Recessed Lighting For Living Room
- How To Choose The Best Recessed Lighting For Living Room?
- Installing Recessed Lights
- Where Should Recessed Lights Be Placed In The Living Room?
- Can Light Spacing In Living Room?
- Final Words
Best Recessed Lighting for Living Room
- 💡【IC Rated】This canless LED recessed light is IC rated, which is permitted to be in contact with insulations...
- 💡【High Brightness】The 4-inch slim lights use the new generation of LED chips with higher lumens and lower...
- 💡【Easy Install】The low profile recessed lighting is suitable for retrofit and new decoration: Cut a hole in...
What Is Recessed Lighting?
Recessed lighting, also known as can lights or downlights, is a lighting fixture installed into a hollow opening in a ceiling. These fixtures provide various benefits, including reducing glare, providing directional light, and creating a more versatile lighting design.
Recessed lighting is often used in kitchens, living rooms, and bedrooms to provide task lighting or accent lighting. It can also be used to highlight specific architectural features or artwork.
While recessed lighting is typically more expensive than other lighting fixtures, it can ultimately save money by reducing the need for additional light sources.
Benefits Recessed Downlights In Living Room
Recessed lighting can provide various benefits, including reducing glare, providing directional light, and creating a more versatile lighting design. Recessed lighting is often used in kitchens, living rooms, and bedrooms to provide task lighting or accent lighting.
It can also be used to highlight specific architectural features or artwork. While recessed lighting is typically more expensive than other lighting fixtures, it can ultimately save money by reducing the need for additional light sources.
There are many different recessed lights to choose from, so it’s important to select the right option for your needs.
What Type of Recessed Lighting For Living Room (Best Type)
There are many different options to choose from when it comes to recessed lighting. If you’re looking for a way to add some extra light to your living room, here are a few of the most popular types of recessed lights:
1. Pot Lights: These are a great option if you’re looking for a more traditional look. They’re also relatively easy to install, making them good for do-it-yourselfers.
2. Downlights: These are a more modern option and provide a sleek, contemporary look. They’re also very versatile and can be used to create different lighting effects.
3. Canless Lights: These are a great option if you’re looking for an energy-efficient lighting solution. They don’t use as much electricity as traditional incandescent bulbs, and they last longer!
4. Smart Recessed Lights: These are a great option if you’re looking for a way to control your lights remotely. You can use your smartphone or tablet to turn them on and off, dim them, change the color temperature, and even set schedules.
Best Size Recessed Lighting For Living Room
The size of recessed lighting you’ll need for your living room will depend on the size of your room and the lighting you desire. For a small room, you may only need a few lights (5-inch recessed lighting). For a larger room, you may need several lights (6-inch recessed lighting). The best way to determine the size of recessed lighting you need is to consult with a lighting specialist or an electrician.
Top 5 Best Recessed Lighting For Living Room
Ensenior 4 Inch Ultra-Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Light
- IC rated; can be in contact with insulation
- High brightness, with a new generation, LED chips
- Easy to install, with spring clip fix
- Wide application, suitable for damp locations
- Highest industry standards, with ETL & Energy Star certification
Ensenior, 4 Inch Ultra-Thin, LED Recessed Lights are the best LED recessed lights for your home. These LED recessed lights are IC rated, meaning they are permitted to be in contact with insulation in ceilings.
They only require as small as 2 inches of ceiling space, making them a perfect fit for various ceilings and joists. With their sleek, canless design, these LED recessed lights are ideal for any room. They have a small profile, making them ideal for ceilings that are not perfectly flat.
The LED lights also have a smooth edge, meaning they blend in well with other lighting fixtures without becoming industrial or harsh.
The new generation of LED chips produces 750 lumens and saves up to 88% in energy costs compared with incandescent lamps. A frosted lens protects the bulbs from glare and scratches while adding a modern look to your ceiling fixture.
The lights are IC rated for use in insulated ceilings, and this canless light only requires 2 inches of space between the joists or plasterboard, so it’s perfect for any room!
- IC rated, meaning the junction box is thermally protected
- High brightness
- Easy to install
- Wide application
- Highest industry standards
TORCHSTAR Basic Series 12W 6 Inch LED Recessed Lighting
- This energy-saving LED recessed light is perfect for indoor use in kitchens, basements, closets, and more
- The recessed light requires only 2 inches of clearance, making it a great solution for narrow ceilings
- It is scratch and glare resistant and provides 1000 lumens of brightness
- The light is compatible with most dimmers on the market and can be smoothly dimmed from 100% to 5%
- It is easy to install, with no housing can be required
The TORCHSTAR basic series LED recessed lighting is a great way to add a touch of modernity and energy efficiency to your home. This 12-pack offers an easy installation process, and its low-profile design makes it perfect for use in ceilings with limited space.
With a brightness of 1200 lumens, this light is perfect for any room in your home. These lights are easy to install – connect the provided j-box to the light using the male/female cables and use the spring clip to mount it on the ceiling.
This IC-rated light is permitted to contact the insulation in ceilings.
These lights are made with high-quality materials and are designed to be compatible with most dimmers.
Depending on your needs, you can smoothly dim these lights from 100%-5%.
- Slim and low profile
- High brightness
- Energy Star certified
- Easy installation
- Smooth dimming
Amico 6 Inch Ultra-Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Light
- Slim, sleek design
- 5 CCT settings
- IC rated
- High brightness
- 5-year warranty
These LED recessed lights are amazing! They are super slim and provide great light output. You can select from 5 different color temperatures to find the perfect light for your space. They are also dimmable so that you can create the ideal ambiance.
They are super thin and fit perfectly in my ceiling. I love that they come with a junction box, so I don’t have to worry about a fire in my roof or overhead joist space.
They produce a bright 1050 lumens of light while only consuming 12 watts of energy, making them more energy-efficient than traditional halogen lamps.
I would highly recommend these lights to anyone looking for high-quality, affordable recessed light.
- The slim design allows for it to fit in various ceiling types
- Five color changing options
- IC rated, meaning it is thermally protected and won’t cause a fire in the roof or overhead joist space
- High brightness due to the world’s leading LED chips
- Saves up to 90% in energy costs
- It may require a professional to install
Sunco Lighting 4 Inch Ultra Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Lights
- IC RATED
- Dimmable (10%-100%)
- Simple Install
- ETL Certified & Energy Star Listed
- 7-Year Warranty
Sunco Lighting’s Ultra Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Lights are the perfect way to brighten any room. The LED downlights are some of the slimmest on the market and are available in various colors to match your style.
They’re also dimmable so that you can customize your lighting just like it.
These lights are perfect for homeowners, contractors, and remodelers looking for a fast, easy, and affordable way to install recessed lighting.
Sunco’s LED Downlights are damp rated, which means they can be used in bathrooms, kitchens, or any other area where water is present.
The lights are ETL certified, and Energy Star listed, so you can be sure that you’re getting the highest quality product.
The slim downlights are instant on, so there’s no buzzing or flickering for eye comfort. The lights also contain no mercury and don’t emit UV or IR.
- IC rated
- Simple install
- ETL certified
- Energy Star listed
- No mercury
- No UV or IR
- 7-year warranty
- None noted
Hykolity 6 Inch Led Recessed Lighting
- The LED recessed light has a selectable color temperature, allowing you to choose the perfect light for your room.
- The light does not require housing or J-box, making it easy to install.
- The light has a smooth dimming feature, making it easy to create the perfect ambiance.
- The light is high quality, with a 90+ CRI for true color rendering.
- The light comes with a 5-year warranty.
Hykolity’s LED recessed lights are the perfect way to light up any room in your house. With a simple, classic design, these fixtures can be installed in minutes and provide a bright and evenly distributed light that is perfect for any space.
The LED recessed lights offer selectable CCT, meaning you can choose between 5 different color temperatures before installation!
These lights are easy to install and use a spring clip system that firmly secures them to the ceiling without a housing or J-box. Plus, they’re made with insulation contact-rated materials for direct contact with insulation, making them an excellent option for homes with ceilings made of insulation.
The high-quality driver allows our light to dim without unwanted flickering, flash, or humming noise. The light is designed for dimming down to 10%. A standard 120-volt electronic low-voltage dimmer is recommended for best performance.
- Selectable CCT
- No Housing or J-box Needed
- Smooth Dimming
- High Quality
- Comes with warranty
How To Choose The Best Recessed Lighting For Living Room?
When choosing recessed lighting for your living room, keep a few things in mind. Here are a few tips to help you choose the best option for your needs:
- Consider the size of your living room. You’ll need to choose fixtures that are appropriate for the space.
- Think about the type of light you want. Do you want a warm, inviting space? Or a more modern look?
- Consider your budget. Recessed lighting can be relatively expensive, so you’ll need to decide how much you’re willing to spend.
- Choose an energy-efficient option. LED recessed lights are a great choice if you’re looking to save money on your energy bill.
Installing Recessed Lights
Once you’ve chosen the best-recessed lights for your living room, it’s time to install them. If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself, we recommend hiring a professional. However, if you’re feeling up to the challenge, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Read the instructions that come with your fixtures. This will help you understand the installation process and avoid making any mistakes.
- Make sure you have the appropriate tools for the job. You’ll need a drill, screwdriver, level, tape measure, and wire strippers.
- Turn off the power to your living room before beginning the installation process. This will help prevent any accidents.
- Follow the instructions that come with your fixtures carefully. If you’re not sure about something, don’t hesitate to ask for help.
Once you’ve installed your recessed lights, it’s time to enjoy your new living space!
Where Should Recessed Lights Be Placed In The Living Room?
There are a few things to keep in mind when placing recessed lights in your living room. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Start by placing fixtures around the perimeter of the room. This will help create an evenly lit space.
- Place fixtures at least four feet apart. This will ensure that there are no dark spots in the room.
- If you’re using multiple fixtures, stagger them so that they create a more natural look.
- Experiment with different lighting effects to see what looks best in your space. You can try placing fixtures on dimmers to create a softer light or using spotlights to highlight certain areas.
Can Light Spacing In Living Room?
The spacing of your recessed lights will depend on the size of your living room and the type of light you’re looking for. Here are a few general guidelines to help you get started:
- For a small room, place fixtures four feet apart.
- For a medium-sized room, place fixtures six to eight feet apart.
- For a large room, place fixtures eight to ten feet apart.
Of course, the best way to determine the spacing of your fixtures is to experiment until you find what looks best. So don’t be afraid to play around with different arrangements until you find the perfect one for your space!
Installing recessed lighting in your living room is a great way to create a more inviting space. By following the tips above, you can be sure to choose the best fixtures for your needs and install them safely and correctly. Once you’ve done that, all left to do is sit back and enjoy your new living space! Thanks for reading. Till next time!