Do you have a sloped ceiling in your home? If so, you know that it can be a challenge to find the right type of lighting for the space. Sloped ceilings can make installing traditional recessed lighting fixtures difficult, but don’t worry – there are plenty of options available! This blog post will discuss the best recessed lighting for sloped ceiling and provide tips on achieving the perfect look.
- What Are Sloped Ceilings?
- 5 Best Recessed Lighting for Sloped Ceiling
- 1. Sunco Lighting 1 Pack 5/6 Inch LED Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- 2. Lithonia Lighting Gimbal 4 Inch Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- 3. TORCHSTAR 5 Inch/6 Inch LED Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- 4. Cloudy Bay 6 inch Canless Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- 5. TORCHSTAR 4 Inch Adjustable Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- Facts To Consider Before Selecting Sloped Ceiling Recessed Lighting
- How to Install Recessed Lighting in a Sloped Ceiling?
- Final Words
What Are Sloped Ceilings?
Sloped ceilings are a type of ceiling that is not parallel to the floor. They can be found in many different homes, from Cape Cod-style homes to A-frame houses. Sloped ceilings can add character and visual interest to a space, but they can also pose some challenges when it comes to lighting.
One of the challenges of lighting a space with a sloped ceiling is that traditional recessed lighting fixtures may not be able to be installed.
This is because most LED recessed lights are designed to be installed in ceilings parallel to the floor. If you try to install a traditional recessed light in a sloped ceiling, the light will point in the wrong direction and not provide adequate lighting for the space.
So, what are the best recessed lighting options for sloped ceilings?
5 Best Recessed Lighting for Sloped Ceiling
1. Sunco Lighting 1 Pack 5/6 Inch LED Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- Fully adjustable 5 inches or 6 inches recessed light
- Selectable color temperature (2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 5000K)
- Suitable for damp locations
- Top Rated 5 Inch / 6 Inch Retrofit Gimbal with Selectable Color
- ✅ SELECTABLE CCT - Choose color temperature (2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 5000K) to tune your 5/6” Retrofit...
- ✅ SIMPLE INSTALL - Follow our installation guide for a quick and easy setup of this recessed customizable...
The Sunco Lighting 5/6″ Retrofit downlight offers an easy way to upgrade your lighting with a new look. The slim, compact housing is designed for use in recessed can lights where a custom appearance and high performance are desired.
The Eyeball light allows you to select from 2700K-5000K color temperatures, making it perfect for home theater lighting (3000K), kitchen lighting / sloped ceiling lighting (3500K), or office lighting (4000K).
This downlight features dimmable capabilities up to 10%, allowing you to customize the brightness of your light output. This adjustable light can be installed in damp locations in just minutes – and it fits both 5″ and 6″ recessed cans.
With an adjustable optic that tilts 45° and swivels 360°, you can customize the light to fit your needs. The lighting kits are designed with the latest LED flicker-free technology, so you can rest assured that your lights will turn on instantly every time.
The products are safety tested to ensure optimal performance and peace of mind. The LED recessed lights are backed by a 7-year warranty and are designed for optimal performance and safety. Plus, the products are based in the USA and offer affordable prices.
- Offers seamless dimming capabilities
- Fits 5″ or 6″ housing
- Tilts 45° and swivels 360°
- 7-year warranty
- Based in the USA
- It may require professional installation
2. Lithonia Lighting Gimbal 4 Inch Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- Dimmable LED lights
- Bright White and Soft White light colors
- Provides 500 lumens
- Dims down to 15%
- EnergyStar rating
- 35,000-hour lifespan
- Adjustable tilt
- 4 Inch LED Gimbal modules are perfect for providing general light. Great for wall washing, accenting artwork or...
- Extremely Bright Dimmable LEDs use only 7.7 Watts to provide 500 lumens - dims down to 15% with common incandescent...
- EnergyStar rating provides high light output with minimal power usage. Will last 35,000 hours. Save at least 80% on...
Lithonia Lighting’s 4 Inch LED Gimbal modules are perfect for providing general light. This fixture is ideal for your retail store, restaurant, office, or home. It provides a wide beam spread that can be used to create a warm and welcoming environment.
The Gimbal downlight is a cost-effective solution for illuminating sloped ceilings. It delivers 500 lumens of light from only 7.7 watts, making it ideal for most residential applications. It has an EnergyStar rating, which provides high light output while using minimal power.
The fixture will last 35,000 hours, so you can enjoy its benefits for years to come. It saves at least 80% on energy compared to incandescent fixtures, making it an excellent choice for your home or office.
This product features an adjustable tilt and can be installed on sloped ceilings with the included adapter. It also has a 180-degree rotation, and 35 degrees tilt to allow you to direct light where it’s needed most.
- Very bright
- Uses minimal power
- Adjustable tilt
- Highly rated for multiple uses
- None found!
3. TORCHSTAR 5 Inch/6 Inch LED Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- Rotatable design for easy light adjustment
- High CRI for true and vivid colors
- 10-100% dimmable for custom lighting
- Energy-efficient for money savings
- UL and ENERGY STAR listed for safety and quality
- 5-year warranty for extra protection
- 💡Rotatable Design: The gimbal recessed light head is 45° vertical and 360° horizontal rotatable, suitable for...
- 💡High CRI: The high CRI of 90+ shows an object’s true color and things under the light will be displayed...
- 💡10-100% dimmable: Excellent dimming performance with the adaptive dimmer listed on the page, smooth dimming...
TORCHSTAR 5 Inch/6 Inch LED Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling is new recessed lighting with a rotatable design. The recessed light head is 45 degree vertical and 360 degree horizontal rotatable, suitable for sloping ceilings, and can also adjust beam angle to achieve low lighting. It has an aluminum alloy housing cover, making the product have excellent heat dissipation performance.
It can be used to replace old halogen bulbs or fluorescent lights. It features a high CRI of 90+ and shows an object’s true color, and things under the light will be displayed vividly, which is excellent for fireplace walls and artworks.
This light is 10 to 100% dimmable, perfect for any situation. Plus, with no flicker or noise, you’ll never have to worry about being disturbed while you’re trying to relax.
This UL and ENERGY STAR listed corner downlight is perfect for 5/6 inch recessed cans. It features a high-quality driver for stable dimming and a long lifespan. The 5-year warranty guarantees your rights and interests, providing extra protection.
- CRI90+ for accurate color
- Five years warranty
- Not suitable for all sizes of cans (5/6 only)
4. Cloudy Bay 6 inch Canless Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- The recessed light is easy to install with no junction boxes or cans required.
- The light has five color temperature options to choose from, so you can find the perfect light for any room in your house.
- The light is dimmable and flicker-free so that you can adjust the brightness to your needs.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- 【Easy Installation】Designed for easy retrofit,remodel or new construction installation.No junction boxes or...
- 【5 Color Temperature Selectable】2700K/3000K/3500K/4000K/5000K in one fixture meets your different needs in...
- 【High Brightness】 The 6-inch slim lights use the new generation of LED chips with higher lumens and lower...
The Cloudy Bay, 6-inch Swivel, LED Gimbal Recessed Light is a stylish, functional, and energy-saving recessed light that will make your home more beautiful. It features an innovative design with a slim body and swivels arm, which gives you the flexibility to adjust the light direction.
High-quality LEDs make the LED bulbs give off a flicker-free, natural glow and last up to 25,000 hours. This recessed light is dimmable so that you can control the brightness from 100%-10%.
With a high brightness of 900 lumens, this light consumes only 15 watts of energy, saving you money on your electric bill. The integrated LED chips provide a long lifespan and low heat generation, making this light a great choice for any room in your home.
With five different color temperatures to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect light for your home. The light is easy to operate with a simple click of the side of the box and is an excellent addition to any room.
- Easy installation
- Five color temperature options
- Super bright
- None noted
5. TORCHSTAR 4 Inch Adjustable Recessed Lighting For Sloped Ceiling
- The light can be adjusted to different angles, making it perfect for lighting up a room or for use as a spotlight.
- The light has a smooth dimming feature, making it compatible with most dimmers.
- The adjustable light is easy to install and fits most recessed cans.
- It is Energy Star certified and has a long lifespan.
- 💡Adjustable Lighting: With 350° horizontal rotation and 28° vertical tilting, you can angle the light, perfect...
- 💡Smooth Dimming: Compatible with most dimmers on the market, this light's bright 700lm output can be smoothly...
- 💡Standard Fit: With a standard E26/TP24 socket adaptor, this light easily fits most 4inch recessed cans (not...
TORCHSTAR 4 Inch Adjustable Recessed Lighting is designed to provide the best lighting quality for your home, office, and other places. Its adjustable design can be tilted up or down by 28 degrees from 0 to 90 degrees.
The light will not glare on the ceiling and walls, so you have no trouble reading or working under the light. It’s perfect for sloped ceilings or spotlighting artwork. You can also use it as display lighting in stores, shops, museums, and galleries.
The light boasts a super bright 700lm output that can be dimmed from 100% to 10%. It also has a CRI of 90+, displaying the vivid natural color of objects. The product is made of high-quality aluminum alloy and die-casting technology, making it more durable and reliable.
This light can save you up to 85% on your annual energy cost and has a lifespan of 50,000 hours, which is a great way to save on energy costs while providing quality lighting. It is ETL & Energy Star certified and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Adjustable lighting that can be angled to spotlight artworks or other objects
- Smooth dimming from 100% to 10%
- It fits most 4-inch recessed cans
- Energy Star certified and saves up to 85% on energy costs
- 50,000-hour lifespan
- 5-year warranty
- None noted
Download this cheat sheet on how to add value to your home with lighting.
Facts To Consider Before Selecting Sloped Ceiling Recessed Lighting
Size: Sloped ceilings are higher than average, so you need a larger light.
Shape: Sloped ceilings are often triangular, so you will need a light that can be placed in the corner.
Material: Sloped ceilings are often made of wood or metal, so you need a light that can withstand heat.
Color: Sloped ceilings are often white, so you will need a light that is also white.
Price: Sloped ceilings are often more expensive than regular ceilings, so you will need a light that is also more expensive.
Location: You will need to place the lights closer to the center of the room for more even lighting.
Angle: Sloped ceilings have a steeper angle, so that you will need a light with a wider beam spread.
Type: There are many LED recessed lights, but the most popular sloped ceilings are LED and CFL.
Finish: The finish of your light should match the trim of your ceiling.
Dimmable: Sloped ceilings can be challenging, so make sure you get a fully dimmable light.
How to Install Recessed Lighting in a Sloped Ceiling?
Installing recessed lighting in a sloped ceiling can be more challenging than installing them on a flat ceiling. But with the right tools and instructions, it can be done relatively easily. Here are the steps you need to take:
– First, determine where you want the light fixtures to be installed. It’s essential to mark the spot with a pencil to know where to drill.
– Next, use a stud finder to locate the joists in the ceiling. You’ll need to drill into these to secure the light fixtures.
– Once you’ve found the joists, drill pilot holes for the recessed light cans. Be careful not to drill too deeply, as you don’t want to damage any wiring that may be in the ceiling.
– Secure the recessed light cans to the joists using screws. Use the appropriate size screws to not be too loose or too tight.
– Finally, connect the wiring from the recessed light cans to the power source. Once everything is connected, turn on the power and test out your new recessed lighting! Sloped ceilings can present a bit of a challenge for lighting, but with the right fixtures and a little bit of know-how, you can achieve the perfect look for your space.
Can you put regular recessed lights on a sloped ceiling?
You cannot put regular LED recessed lights on a sloped ceiling. Regular recessed lights are designed to be installed in ceilings parallel to the floor. If you try to install a traditional recessed light in a sloped ceiling, the light will point in the wrong direction and not provide adequate lighting for the space.
Where do recessed lights go on sloped ceiling?
When installing recessed lighting in a sloped ceiling, you will need to use special fixtures designed for sloped ceilings. These fixtures can be installed at the highest point of the slope, pointing downward. This will ensure that the light is directed where it needs to go and provides adequate illumination for the space.
How many recessed lights do I need sloped ceiling?
The number of recessed lights you’ll need will depend on the size of the room and the amount of light you want to provide. A good rule of thumb is to use one recessed light for every four square feet. So, if you have a 20 square foot room, you would need five recessed lights.
You should use one recessed light for every four square feet of space as a general rule. However, the number of recessed lights you’ll need will also depend on the amount of light you want to provide.
If you’re looking to add a bit of ambiance to the room, you may want to use fewer lights. If you’re looking to offer more task-oriented lighting, you may want to use more lights.
How do you hang lights on a sloped ceiling?
Hanging lights on a sloped ceiling can be tricky. The best way to hang lights on a sloped ceiling is to use special fixtures designed for sloped ceilings.
These fixtures can be installed at the highest point of the slope, pointing downward. This will ensure that the light is directed where it needs to go and provides adequate illumination for the space.
When hanging lights on a sloped ceiling, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation. Sloped ceilings can be tricky to work with, so it’s important to ensure that the fixtures are installed correctly and safely.
How do you run wire through a vaulted ceiling?
You’ll need to use a long drill bit to bore through the top plate of your wall and into the attic space. Then, fish your electrical wire through the hole you’ve created. You may need a helper to hold the wire while doing this.
Once the wire is in place, you can attach your recessed lighting fixtures. Sloped ceilings can be tricky to work with, but with the right recessed lighting, you can achieve the perfect look for your space. With a little planning and some careful installation, you’ll be able to enjoy your new lighting for years to come.
All in all, recessed lighting is a great option for sloped ceilings. It can add both functionality and aesthetic appeal to your space. When choosing recessed lighting, consider the size, shape, and style of your fixtures. With a little bit of planning, you can create the perfect look for your home. Thanks for reading! We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to us. We’d be happy to help!
William K. ArnerWilliam K. Arner is an expert on lighting & indoor gardening. He has 12 years of research experience in lighting products and indoor gardening. William likes to collect different types of lighting & gardening products like grow lights, indoor-outdoor lights or automotive lights, and test them in different ways. He likes to write his experience as tips and reviews about lighting related products so that people can choose the best and perfect one for them.
Download this cheat sheet on how to add value to your home with lighting.