In the world of indoor growing, LED lights are starting to become a staple. They're powerful, provide good rage coverage, and are far more efficient than traditional incandescent and fluorescent lighting. One of the biggest names in the LED grow lights market is SPIDER FARMER, and another one is Horticulture Lighting Group (HLG).
So, you’re ready to start growing plants at home, but not sure where to begin? SPIDER FARMER is a great option for those who want to grow plants indoors, and HLG is another good choice. But which one does the job better? On this blog, we compare SPIDER FARMER vs. HLG and help you decide which one is right for your indoor garden. Find out here!
We compare SPIDER FARMER SF-1000 vs. HLG 100 V2 and SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 vs. HLG 550 V2.
SPIDER FARMER SF-1000 vs. HLG 100 V2
SPIDER FARMER SF-1000 Grow Light
- HIGH EFFICIENCY WHITE LED LIGHT: Newest SMD LED technology provide highest PAR/LUMEN...
- LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION GROW LIGHTING : Consuming only 150W with 342 LEDS! It saves up to 50%...
- SUNLIKE FULL SPECTRUM LED INDOOR GROWING: 660-665nm Red IR/3200-4200Knm/5200-6800Knm, infinite...
- Full spectrum
- Build with Samsung LM301B Diodes
- Noise Free
- Energy Efficient
The SF-1000 is a 2'x2' LED grow light that is designed to be compatible with a small grow room. It consumes only 100W of power. The light covers a full spectrum of wavelengths from UV to IR, and will cover any growing area you can throw at it.
The grow light comes with four different LEDs, white (3000k), blue (5000k), red (660 nm), and IP (760 nm). Red and blue LEDs are providing more reddish and blueish. Other two LEDs are useful during flowering stage.
It's time to take your growing to the next level with the SPIDER FARMER SF-1000 LED grow light. This energy efficient grow light produces over 600 watts of efficient full spectrum lighting. It's the perfect addition to your indoor garden.
HLG 100 V2 4000K Quantum Board LED Grow Light
- Quantum Board LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301B LEDs. Actual Power consumption 95Watts.
- Veg Footprint 3'X3', Flowering Footprint 2'X2'
- 4000K White Light Full Spectrum for Vegging, Greens and Suppliment light
- Full spectrum white LEDs
- Passive cooled design
- 2.43* μmol/j PPF efficacy
HLG 100 V2 is a high efficiency, full spectrum LED grow light with excellent PAR output. This unit utilizes the new Samsung 301B LED diodes and is ideal for both vegetative growth and flowering phases.
The grow light features a new upgraded power supply that enables you to run the light at full intensity while light using less than 0.88A of electricity.
The HLG 100 V2 LED Grow lights have a massive 2' x 2' footprint for veg and 3’ x 3’ for flowering, making them perfect for growing in tents, closets, or small spaces. The light penetrates further allowing you to keep your growth space smaller and reduce height.
Using high quality components, this full spectrum light delivers an impressive PPFD of 370 µmol/m2s for the 18” of height and an amazing PPFD of 500 µmol/m2s for 12”!
Our Winner: Spider Farmer SF-1000 LED Grow Light
SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 & HLG 550 V2
SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 Grow Light
- LOWER RUNNING COSTS & HIGHER-QUALITY YIELDS: SPIDER FARMER LED Grow Lights utilize the latest...
- CUSTOMIZED DIMMING DESIGN: Upgraded SF series growing lights have a dimming knob and light...
- IDEAL FOR ALL GROWTH STAGES: Excellent full spectrum- white, blue, red and IR (3000K, 5000K,...
- Aluminum Build
- Noise Free
- Big Area Coverage
- Ideal for All Growth Stage
SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 is a full spectrum grow light that is made from a high quality and tested LED chips. This upgraded commercial LED grow light uses 50% less power than other grow lights on the market. It produces up to 2479 µmol/m2s of PPFD (photosynthetic photon flux density) at 12" above the plant canopy.
The SF-4000 LED grow light boasts a 90% energy saving rate over traditional HPS systems along with a 50% power consumption rate. If uses high intensity red, white and blue LEDs to provide full spectrum lighting.
It's a great choice if you want to improve your yields and save more energy in growing. Veg footprint 6' x 6' and flowering footprint 5' x 5'. The grow light comes with a 3-year local warranty.
HLG 550 V2 Quantum Board Grow Light
- Auto sensing Inventronics power supply works on both 120VAC and 240VAC and 277VAC; 600W power...
- Veg Footprint: 6' x 6' at 36" (Recommended ONLY for Veg)
- Each HLG 600 uses 4 of our custom designed full-spectrum high efficiency white light quantum...
- Large coverage
- Excellent light intensity
The HLG 550 v2 is the most powerful LED grow light in the HLG line. It uses brand-new Samsung 301B LEDs, each capable of converting 1290 µmol/s of electrical energy directly into plant-useful light energy (whereas only a small fraction of electrical energy is converted into light with traditional fluorescent and HID lights).
This fixture is ideal for full-cycle growing where plants need both vegetative and flowering light. The 3000k color temperature provides a natural spectrum for vegetative growth, and also works well during late flowering.
The Quantum Board design provides unparalleled lumen density and uniformity, with a high output rating of 1293 µmol/s, and produces an incredible 2.65 µmol/j par efficacy. The max yield is 2.8g/watt.
Our Winner: Spider Farmer SF-4000 LED Grow Light
The wide range of LED grow lights available on the market today can be overwhelming to the first-time grower.
Although both SPIDER FARMER lights and HLG grow lights are high-performance LED lighting systems, there are some differences. Before buying, it is important to keep in mind the purpose of buying.
- The Best Landscape Lighting Connectors To Install Low Voltage Lights - February 12, 2021
- VIPARSPECTRA XS1500 LED Grow Light Review: Worth or Not? - January 24, 2021
- The Best DEWALT Work Light Review: Tripod, Area, Headlamp - January 22, 2021